April 25, 2016

We're Making Our Own Flowers ... and I truly did!


Happy Monday!
I know, I know.... most people don't think Mondays are all that happy.  LOL
But I have to say it is, because I'm thrilled to be sharing this post today.
We have a brand new challenge over on the Elisabeth Bells World Challenge Blog.  Such a simple challenge, that I had to go to the extreme and take the theme very literal.  LOL

The challenge you ask?  Well, we are to make our own flowers.  Sooooo I did exactly that!!!  Not to mention, I put my crystal vase to good use.  At least these flowers won't die off anytime soon.


I've used the ever so pretty "Spring Leap" from Elisabeth Bell.  You may recall, she was a freebie in one of her recent Ebooks.  Don't you just love the surprise freebies??  This one is absolutely beautiful. Actually ALL of Lissybee's work is Absolutely Beautiful.  
Anyway... So this is what I came up with using the gorgeous "Spring Leap"




And a closer view!



I had a blast creating my "Paper Bouquet"
Yes, every single piece is made from paper.
I used a paper rose template that I found on DIY NETWORK BY Lia Griffith.
Printable templates, and full photo instructions for those of you who need those.

I rarely follow directions completely.  
I find that I always end up modifying things,
and this was no exception. haha
 
The greenery, (leaves, and ferns etc.) were cut on my Silhouette.
the little white flowers are just punched from a tiny flower paper punch, and then clued on a fern type of cut-out.

My darling image is colored with Copics.

My fingers are sore.  I think I've cracked or split my poor thumbs playing with all of that floral wire, hot glue, and floral tape.  I do hope my thumbs will forgive me, and decide to feel better.  BUT... It was worth it all.
This beautiful arrangement now sits in front of my window in my bedroom.
I have a permanent vase of roses now.

Challenges I am entering:

Thanks so much for stopping by, and taking a look. =)

5 comments:

Mari K. said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Scrapper's Delights this week!
-Mari K.
Scrapper's Delights DT

Melissa Bove said...

These are beautiful!! They look so real!! Sweet image too!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Nicky G said...

Great card and and you coloured it perfectly. Thankyou for joining in at Scrapper's Delights this month.
Nicky (Scrappers Delights DT)

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

WOW! Your flowers are gorgeous, they look real. What a beautiful bouquet :o)
Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

patty said...

wonderful flowers with thelittle digi in it, love, patty